No rocket science here, just some points outlined that people too often forget once they get caught up in Internet Marketing or Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Search Engine Optimisation (SEO).
- Make sure you have a rock solid offering. Without a good product, the whole internet marketing route isn’t going to benefit you.
- Make sure you have a solid website. There are so many excellent websites out there these days, that any sub-standard sites are immediately putting you in a disadvantaged position. Involve a web designer to build you a proper website. Then ensure you fix those spelling mistakes and get around to sorting out those minor issues you’ve been meaning to fix for the past 3 months.
- Web hosting – make sure you have a solid platform to host your website on. Your site needs to always be available and fast! E.g. if you’re based in Australia or most of your clients are in Australia, then host your website in Australia. This simple thing will not cost you any more but will benefit your Google ranking far more than marketing dollars.
- Make sure your website is user-friendly and explains your product well. Generally you only have a few seconds to convince your visitors or potential clients to stay there and read more. If you spend lots of marketing money to get them there, but it looks poor and works badly, then that was wasted marketing. Because conversion is more important than page impressions.
- Make it easy for your clients. The human being is generally and naturally a lazy species. If there is an easier and quicker way of doing something humans will soon find it. So if there is a competitor that makes it easier, your customers or potential customers will find them.
- Have your systems in place and working well. There is nothing worse than running a successful SEO and SEM campaign and then disappointing your clients. Get it right first so that once your new audience comes knocking you are ready for them.
- Get your after-sales customer service 110%. If you can’t keep a customer, then why go looking for new ones? First make sure the customers you have are happy.
- Understand your customers and who your market is, this is going to give you a good kick-start for your web marketing SEM and SEO campaign.
NewSprout Hosting’s MD, Gavin Payne, has been Hosting servers, applications and websites for over 10 years, helping global companies including Telstra, Bidvest, VISA, AVIS, AT&T, Peugeot, BMW, Motorola and many others build their online presence. NewSprout is an Australian company offering website hosting, email services and domain name registrations to business and personal clients. For more information visit https://www.newsprout.com.au/web-hosting